Wednesday 13 January 2016

Day 21 Last Day in Kanyakumari

Challenging Horizons
13 January 2016


I slept late last night and woke up early as some journalists called me at 5.00 am! I chatted for some time with them and then had a early morning walk in half asleep state. But I felt refreshed after that.
 I took some time to get ready and then I left to take a tour of Rock Memorial of Swami Vivekananda. As I approached the ticket counter for the boat ride, I realized many people were already standing in line to purchase the ticket. In a little while I crossed the sea by a boat and reached the Rock Memorial.

 There was a strong breeze. It seemed that the wind was being my constant companion, throughout my journey and now at the Rock Memorial. But as I stood before the idol of Swami Vivekananda, I felt an unusual sense of peace. It was a different kind of peace, almost like sense of calm spreading within myself. I spent some time basking in this divine experience. After I moved out from the memorial, my attention was captured by the sea, with its presence till the horizon, as far as I could see... There is something about sea. Even when you spend time with it not uttering a single word, you end up feeling you have had the best conversation of your life!
 I returned to my room sometime later, with all the memories engraved in my mind..
 Tomorrow I would start my return journey from Kanyakumari. I had to pack all my stuff.
 The most important of all was undoubtedly, my cycle. I started packing it with some paper, adhesive tapes and other items.

 The home is where the heart is. So the feeling of going back home was enticing and exciting.. But it was accompanied with thoughts of new challenges and new dreams!

1 comment:

  1. You have not only made your life with this enriching experience but also inspired many souls along the path of your journey to wake up from their dormant state and do something great in their life too..wished to give a warm send off in kanyakunari station

    May the success journey Continue in many dimensions....Jai Hind, Jai Maharashtra, Vazhga Taminadu

    ReplyDelete